I am sure that all of you are familiar with the using of daily conversations for many occasions. For those who are not, the following examples might be useful for you:
ON THE TELEPHONE:
- You: Hello, is that 35819?
- Voice: Yes.
- You: May I speak to Mrs. Ibrahim, please?
- Voice: Yes. Who’s speaking, please?
- You: My name is ……………(say your name is Ali Rahman).
- Voice: One moment please, Mr. Rahman
Dialling the wrong number:
- You:lHello, is Mr. Woods there, please?
- Voice: What number do you want:
- You: 8759.
- Voice: This is 8758.
- You: I’m sorry. I dialled the wrong number.
- Voice: Is that Modern Office Equipment?
- You: Yes.
- Voice: Could I speak to Mrss Jones, please
- You: I’m sorry. She’s out. Could you call back at three thirty?
- Voice: All right. Thank you.
Asking for someone:
- A: Could/May I speak to Miss Cramer? OR: Is Miss Cramer there, please?
- B: Yes, Just a moment, please/May I know who’s speaking, please?/Who shall I say is calling?
- A: It’s Tony Hayes speaking/This is Tony Hayes.
- B: A moment, please.
- A: Thank you.
Please practise those daily conversation context and ways to say it in your own examples.
———————-Bear in mind that PRACTISE MAKES PERFECT———————-