Previously I gave you some verbal idioms to enrich your vocabularies. I do hope that you practice to make some sentences on your own words. Practising will result to your familiarity in using either new words or verbal idioms.
I am sharing with you the below mentioned reading materials received from a friend of mine who lives in Phoenix. Why did I pick up this story to be posted in my blog and shared it with you.? No doubt because of the following motto of a man that you’re going to read through his way of life.
Here is the motto:
“The HAPPIEST people DO NOT necessarily have the BEST of all.
They simply APPRECIATE what they find on their way”.
“There was a one hour interview on CNBC (Consumer News and Business Channel) with Warren Buffet, the second riches man who has donated $31 billion to charity. Following are some very interesting aspects of his life:
- He bought his first share at age 11 and he now regrets that he started too late!
Things were very cheap that time
Encourage your children to invest
- He bought a small farm at age 14 with savings from delivering newspapers.
One could have bought many things with little savings.
Encourage your children to start some kind of business.
- He still lives in the same small 3-bedroom house in mid-town Omaha, that he bought after he got married 50 years ago. He says that he has everything he needs in that house. His house does not have a fence.
Don’t buy more than what you “really need” and encourage your children to do and lthink the same.
- He drives his own car everywhere and does not have a driver or security people around him.
You are what you are.
- He never travels by private jet, although he owns the world’s largest private jet company.
Always lthink how you can accomplish things economically.
- His company, Berkshire Hathaway, owns 63 companies. He writes only one letter each year to the CEOs ((Country Executives Officer) of these companies, giving them goal for the year. He never holds meetings or calls them on a regular basis.
Assign the right people to the right jobs.
- He has given his CEO’s only two rules:
RULE NUMBER ONE: do not lose any of your share holder’s money
RULES NUMBER TWO: do not forger rule number one.
Set goals and make sure people focus on them.
- He does not socialize with the high society crowd. His past time after he gets home is to make himself some pop corn and watch Television.
Don’t try to show off, just be your self and do what you enjoy doing.
- Warren Buffet does not carry a cell phone, nor has a computer on his desk.
- Bill Gates, the world’s richest man met him for the first time only 5 years ago. Bill Gates did not think he had anything in common with Warren Buffet. So he had scheduled his meeting only for half hour. But when Gates met him, the meeting lasted for ten hours and Bill Gates became a devotee of Warren Buffet.
His advice to young people:
“Stay away from credit cards (bank loans) and invest in yourself and REMEMBER:.;m
A. MONEY DOESN’T CREATE MAN BUT IT IS THE MAN WHO CREATED MONEY.
B. LIVE YOUR LIFE AS SIMPLE AS YOU ARE.
C. DON’T DO WHAT OTHERS SAY, JUST LISTEN THEM, BUT DO WHAT YOU FEEL GOOD.
D. DON’T GO ON BRAND NAME; JUST WEAR THOSE THINGS IN WHICH YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE.
E. DON’T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON UNNECESSARY THINGS; JUST SPEND ON THEM WHO REALLY IN NEED RATHER.
F. AFTER ALL IT’S YOUR LIFE THEN WHY GIVE CHANCE TO OTHERS TO RULE OUR LIFE”
NOTE: For those beginners — If you find many difficult words while reading the story just go on reading them. Don’t worry about some words that you don’t understand. I am sure after reading them you will dig the idea of this Warren Buffet’s story.
h a v e f u n