I understand all of you have heard something about parts of speech — it simply means classess of words, grouped according to function. I have provided 3 of them in my blog for you to read and learn: Nouns, Pronouns, Verbs.
Now I am going to give you some excerption from Ruth Colman’s about what the adjectives are. These are the words that describe things:
- an exciting story
- a boring lesson
- a painted picture
- an excited child
- bored students
- a writing implement
- Give him his account (noun)
- Here’s the account book (adjective)
- Mine is a big family (noun)
- Our shop is a family concern (ajdective)
- expensive/more expensive/most expensive.
- beautiful/more beautiful/most beautiful.
- interesting/more interesting/most interesting.